- August 18: U.S. Citizenship Workshop (Schedule an appointment by calling 805-379-1779)
- September 6: Service Academy Information Night – Thousand Oaks High School Multi-Purpose Room (RSVP here)
- September 12: Service Academy Information Night – Foothill Technology High School Cafeteria (RSVP here)
- September 13: Service Academy Information Night – Pacifica High School Cafeteria (RSVP here)
- September 18: Service Academy Information Night – Adolfo Camarillo High School Library (RSVP here)
August 18: U.S. Citizenship Workshop
Are you a legal permanent resident interested in becoming a U.S. citizen? Join my office for a U.S. Citizenship Workshop on Saturday, August 18th, from 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. at the Thousand Oaks Library, located at 1401 E. Janss Road, Thousand Oaks, CA 91362.
America is a great nation because of its diversity. It was founded by immigrants, and our history and heritage is rich because of the countless contributions of our immigrant community. All of us here share a common desire to achieve the American Dream, and for some Ventura County residents, that means being active participants in our nation’s democratic process by the rights granted to us as United States citizens.
For these reasons, I welcome all eligible legal permanent residents who live in Ventura County to attend this workshop to learn more about the honor and privilege of becoming a U.S. citizen. Volunteers will be on hand to assist individuals with the naturalization application, fee waiver assistance, and the filing process. Applicants must be legal permanent residents for at least five years, or three years if married to a U.S. citizen.
This service is free, but space is limited and appointments are required! For more information or to schedule an appointment, please call my office at (805) 379-1779.
Service Academy Information Nights
Do you know a student in Ventura County interested in attending a U.S. service academy after high school?
I am hosting a series of information nights across Ventura County to help students and their families learn more about attending a service academy and the Congressional nomination process. RSVP here to attend.
The schedule for the information nights is as follows:
- Thursday, September 6 – Thousand Oaks High School Multi-Purpose Room
- Wednesday, September 12 – Foothill Technology High School Cafeteria
- Thursday, September 13 – Pacifica High School Cafeteria
- Tuesday, September 18 – Adolfo Camarillo High School Library
Each session will begin at 6 p.m. Representatives from the U.S. Naval Academy, U.S. Military Academy, U.S. Air Force Academy, U.S. Merchant Marine Academy, and U.S. Coast Guard Academy will provide presentations on each of their institutions and will be available to answer questions.
My staff will also be on hand to answer questions regarding the application process for a Congressional nomination. Applications for a Congressional nomination are due to my office no later than October 10, 2018.
Attending a U.S. service academy is a great honor. I encourage all young people who are interested in serving their nation to come to the information night and learn more about the opportunities the service academies can afford them.
For more information, contact my district office at (805) 379-1779.
Sign up for my newsletter to get updates on the latest events.