If you or someone you know needs assistance with a federal agency, my office may be able to help resolve a problem or get you the information you need. While we cannot guarantee a favorable outcome, we will do our best to help you receive a fair and timely response to your problem.
Residents of the 26th Congressional District of California can contact me for assistance in dealing with federal agencies.
Please include all pertinent information and claim numbers in your correspondence—such as:
- Your Social Security number for a case involving Social Security;
- VA claim number for a case with Department of Veterans Affairs;
- Taxpayer identification number (Social Security number, if individual) for an Internal Revenue Service problem, etc.;
- Your address, home phone number and daytime phone number (if different than home) so that we can obtain any additional information from you that might be necessary;
- Copies of any related documents or correspondence that you may have from the agency involved.
The Privacy Act of 1974 (5 U.S.C. § 552a) requires that Members of Congress or their staff have written authorization before they can obtain information about an individual’s case.